TRAINING PROGRAM – SPRING / SUMMER
- On-water training typically starts at the end of April and continues into October (actual weather may influence these dates)
- New in 2017, there there are 10 practices per week.
- There may be additional team boat practices in the summer - these will be determined by the Head Coach according to pairings and paddler availability
- This group is coached by the Head Coach (Helen Savin)
- Full participation in the training schedule is expected and athletes must meet the standards set by the Head Coach
- Participation in this program is at the discretion of the Head Coach
- All team boat paddler assignments are determined by the Head Coach
- Regatta participation is mandatory according to the schedule circulated at the beginning of each season. Extenuating circumstances (e.g. injury / illness) will be dealt with on an individual basis.
This includes all
fees except for regatta entry fees and racing fees.
All regatta and racing fees are tallied and charged to
the paddler by invoice at the end of the racing season.
May, June, September, October
Mon- Fri > 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri > 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday > 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
July & August
Mon - Fri > 9:00 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri > 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sat > 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
NOTE: There is a 2-week break from training after Nationals in late August.
How to Register
- There is a mandatory contribution of 12 volunteer hours for each Advanced paddler.
- Please refer to the Volunteer Policy for further details.